About the Artist
I am a contemporary glass painter specializing in multi-layered glass panels and three dimensional glass sculptures. I am mostly self-taught but have developed many of my techniques through the generous teachings of many amazing glass artists such as Peter McGrain out of Florida, the Williams & Byrne Studio in the UK, and Joseph Cavalieri out of New York. I combine hand-painting with occasional screenprinted graphics, usually from my own original photographs.
One unique thing about my stained glass panels is that many are meant to be wall art rather than window art, giving you more flexibility in placing them in your home or office. Some are fitted with LED lighting and most pieces can be adapted to LED lighting upon request.
More recently I've figured out how to "crinkle" my glass leaves, and that has led to a series of 3 dimensional wire, stone and glass trees and my current personal favorites: the Falling Leaves collection. If you're looking to bring nature into your home (with less bugs), you'll want to check out these new pieces.
I do take commissions (see some of my past commissions here) so please let me know if you’d like something special other than what you see here. I can be reached at 608.519.0300, or emailed at Laurel@laurelgreyglassworks.com.
In the News:
La Crosse Tribune July 24th, 2017 (That's me in the second and third photo's)
- Best of Show, Wausau Festival of Arts, Wasau, WI, 2016
- Best of Show, Great River Folk Festival, La Crosse, WI, 2016
- Best 3D Art, Art Fair on The Green, La Crosse, WI, 2016
- 2nd Place, Glass Category, Spring Green, WI, 2016
- Honorable Mention, Wisconsin Regional Art Program (WRAP), 2016
- 1st Place, Glass Category, Spring Green, WI 2017
- Best in Glass Category, Art Off the Square, Madison, WI 2017